Skip to main content
U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government


Official websites use .gov
A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.

Secure .gov websites use HTTPS
A lock ( ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

Housing section resources


Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
Submit a complaint about a financial product or service.
1700 G Street, N.W.
Washington, DC 20552
(855) 411-2372

Credit Bureaus
Find information about credit history or credit scores.


Fair Housing Accessibility First
Information about physical accessibility requirements in multifamily housing.
(888) 341-7781


U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
Submit a complaint about discrimination in housing.
451 7th Street, S.W.
Washington, DC 20410
(800) 669-9777

Homelessness Resources
Information on housing assistance.

Office of Public & Indian Housing
Information on public housing authorities, rental assistance, and housing counseling.
(800) 955-2232 (for inquiries on public housing authorities and housing choice voucher programs)

Office of Inspector General (OIG)
Report fraud, waste, or abuse in HUD-funded programs.
(800) 347-3735
(202) 708-4829 Facsimile

Fair Housing Initiatives Program Agencies
Information about organizations that assist people who believe they have been victims of housing discrimination.

Fair Housing Assistance Program Agencies
State and local agencies responsible for receiving reports of discrimination.

Rent and Utility Payment Assistance
Information on rental assistance programs in your area.

Find an Attorney

American Bar Association
1050 Connecticut Avenue, N.W. Suite 400
Washington, DC 20036
(800) 285-2221

Legal Services Corporation (or Legal Aid Offices)
Information on non-profit organizations providing legal help to people with limited income. Visit

Enforcement of State Laws

State Attorneys General
Find contact information for your state attorney general.

General Assistance

Assistance with questions about federal agencies, government programs, services, and more.
(844) 872-4681